People achieve what they want to, through their own thinking, with some structured help.
NB All coaching engagements start with referral from people I know. This helps ensure that there’s a useful fit between me and the person I am working with.
Examples of situations where my coaching can add value:
- People with high potential who are stuck because of one or two specifics and who need help to achieve the next level
- People who have entered a significant role, perhaps in a different sector or at a new level of seniority, and who need to adapt quickly
- People with technical backgrounds who have taken on management roles and who will benefit from help with that transition
- People who want help to think through and make a career change
Examples of situations where my facilitated learning can add value:
- Groups of people going through a shared change, or the same type of change in different places (eg Leadership of a Digital Agenda)
- Groups of people who want better to understand the underlying principles, practices and ethos of local government
- Facilitated sessions on digital leadership: on behalf of the LGA for elected members and on behalf of MHCLG for senior officer leaders
- Career resetting and obtaining a new role – for distance reasons we did this entirely via Skype
- Other 1-1 coaching examples.
- Years of experience of coaching both informally and formally, most formally when at at a major Leadership firm
- Reflective personal experience of sector and promotion transitions, plus support to many who made these transitions as part of senior headhunting placements.